Saturday, July 21, 2012

Dresser turned TV console

I honestly don't remember the last time I posted anything DIY or project related, it feels good to do something different! Like a lot of people we have a flat screen TV which is great for space, but if you have it on the wall like we do it can be a little tricky. For a while we had a dresser under the TV to hold the satellite box, video game consoles, & speakers. I knew that I wanted to have a place for everything so after seeing a lot of dresser turned console in blog land my hubbie & I tackled it!

Here are a few before shots: the dresser was given to us and had been sprayed black, which was great but I was really wanting something lighter in our living room.


                                                   AFTER!

This was after A LOT of sanding to get the black paint off, which wasn't too hard to remove since it was spray paint. My husband removed the piece between the two top drawers so that everything would fit inside. He then put a piece of MDF for the shelf. I did prime it because I was going with a lighter color. The color I painted was Heirloom white. Initially I really wanted to do it aqua with a dark top, but its not real wood so staining it wasn't an option :( I figured if in a few mths I'm still wanting aqua it'll be easy to paint!
I did do a glaze over the whole thing to take some of the starkness of the paint away, and of course roughed up the edges ;)

We chose 4 different knobs (my fav is the polka dot!) at Hobby Lobby. The black handle ones are from Lowes.

Another view:  eventually we're planning on hanging the speakers up so there is nothing on top!

I don't want to admit how long it has taken me to post this! Let's just say months, like more than 2!
Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Your dresser to tv console turned out so great!!! I love it :)

xox
Jen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...